Friday, June 20, 2008

Jim Is Home


Jim always told me, "Take me to Notre Dame." He loved this school. He cheered for the football team in good times and bad. It did not matter to him. He loved the girls basketball team and watched them on TV. He got the Blue and Gold every week and read it completely. I continued to read it to you in the hospital. This was home to him. He grew up in South Bend, Indiana, and for anyone that has ever been there you know that everyone in this town loves the big ND. Your ND things will always have a special place in our home.
I am so happy that he is home now and I know he is at peace. He has been taken very good care of by his sisters for the last two months. They tell him jokes and share their days with him. For this I am so grateful. I know he was happy with them because he loved them so much.
We all miss you so much Jim. My love, my dear husband, and my best friend. But I know you are happy now and this I share with you too. I will always love you. I'll dry my tears and wait for football season.

No comments: