Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day


Happy Fathers Day to all you dads and grandfathers out there. Hope you were able to spend the day with you children and grandchildren and had the best day ever.
I lost my father over 22 years ago and I still miss him very much. So much has happened in my life that I have not been able to share with him and I have to believe that he knows that we still think about him and that we love him. We make sure his grandchildren know all about him so that he never is forgotten.
I thought a lot about Jim today and one moment tonight I just lost it. Last year there was a show on TV, Who wants to be Danny and Sandy. It was a reality show and the winners were going to get to star in the new Broadway Show Grease. Jim and I watched this show together because we love the show Grease. This was way before he was sick. At the finale when they announced the winners Jim turned to me and said I am going to take you to New York for our anniversary and we are going to see the play. At that moment in time we were so happy and we had so many plans. Jim was so excited about this trip and he was making these plans when he got sick. Tonight I was watching the Tony Awards and there was Grease. There was Danny and Sandy that we had watched. For me all I could remember was that moment in time that we were so happy.

No comments: