Monday, July 7, 2008

A Happy 4th of July in Augusta




Jackie, Mom, our friend Barbara and Misty and myself traveled to Augusta for the 4th of July. Rick and Heather were having a big family open house weekend for their new home. I call the first picture, Three Old Broads with wimpy sparklers bought by men. The sparklers were huge but they barely sparkled. The other photo shows Rick and I in our red, white and blue.
We had a really good time. We left Wednesday mid afternoon and arrived well after midnight. Thursday was hanging out at the new house and out to dinner that night. Friday the fourth was very typical picnic fare. A Barbecue, hanging out in the back yard, and water hose fun. Misty had the time of her life. There were 3 other dogs there and she loved the freedom of the back yard.
Saturday we did a little shopping and another back yard barbecue. My nephew Rick made the best chicken you have ever tasted. It was not burned, it was cooked completely, and it was juicy. I loved it.
More on our trip over the next couple of days. Just wanted everyone to know that I haven't fallen off the earth. Just went to Georgia for a few days. I did not touch a telephone or a computer for 6 whole days. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: