Sunday, December 23, 2007

Not the Christmas I had hoped for


This is not exactly the Christmas Jim and I had hoped for. When we moved to Florida we had so many hopes and dreams for our new life. A joyous Christmas with my family was one of our dreams. Now Jim is in the hospital and both of my nephews will not be with us. My sister is sad for this is the first Christmas without at least one of her children. I am happy to spend Christmas with both my Mom and sister even though we will be spending a lot of time at the hospital. We are all trying very hard to get in the holiday spirit but it is very hard.
I have transformed Jim's hospital room into a festive room in hopes that this will cheer all of us up. I also make these layouts to get me in the spirit of the season. It's moments like this when you see such magic in children's eyes that you find the real spirt.
My plan is to spend Christmas Eve with Jim. Just the two of us watching old Christmas movies on TV. I'll turn out all the lights and just have the Christmas Tree lit. I'll bring Jim an Eggnog milkshake and some munchies for me and we'll try to be in the spirit.
On Christmas day Mom, Jackie and I all plan to go to the hospital about 11:00 and open presents with Jim. Caroline and Nancy I will bring the box you sent and I hope this brings a smile to his face. We'll have Christmas dinner at the hospital. They have a celebration planned. I plan to stay at the hospital until about 5:00 and then go to Mom's for her Christmas dinner.
We have a plan but I just need a little cheer. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find the cheer. Jim's doing fine but he is refusing to eat and I don't know what to do about this. All I can do is keep trying.

No comments: