Thursday, January 1, 2009

My One Little Word

My one little word for 2008 was "strength" and boy did I need it last year. My challenges were many. I started the year sitting by Jim's side as we both fought for him to get better. I found every bit of strength I had to support and love him through the vigorous fight for his life. Ultimately we lost that battle and then I had to find the strength to endure this terrible loss. I am still trying to find this strength and it is a battle every day. Then I had to find the strength to face the hatred of Kathy and Bob. It all came down to money. Bob said give him all my money or I would never see our grandchildren again. But as I face that loss I know that either way Bob would never have let me see my grandchildren again because of his hatred of me. Then there were those awful emails from Kathy to all my friends, employers and family. Yes because of those same people I found the strength to get through this too. Not one of you said to buckle to these two. I will always love these three little boys and someday I hope to reconnect with them.

Other challenges included the mold in my bathroom and after three months I conquered this also. I found the strength to get through the holidays with a few hiccups along the way. The other problem I had to deal with was the lack of a job. I applied for over 200 jobs with no luck. But 2008 is over and I say good riddance. On to 2009.

My one little word for 2009 will be revitalize. There has to be a new beginning and through this word I hope to find my way.

Revitalize
Transitive and intransitive verb return to doing something: to begin something
or doing something again, or be begun again.
To give new life to.
To give new vitality or vigor to.
Restore strength.
To make more lively or active.
Breathe new live into.
Reestablish on a new, usually improved basis or make new or like new.

No comments: