Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Remembering Jim


Today I spent a lot of time thinking about Jim and our life together. It was a hard day remembering how happy we were and all the plans we had for our retirement that were not to be. But today was a day for honoring Jim and all he meant to me. I had dinner at my sister's and Mom brought me a rose to commemorate the day and Jackie brought me Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory truffles. Jim always got these for me on special occasions. We talked about Jim and it was special.
Last night I could not sleep. I tossed and turned and sleep was not to be. The last time I looked at the clock was 12:28 and then I drifted off to sleep. That is the exact moment I lost Jim a year ago. To Jim's family, I know most of you said a prayer for Jim today and I know we share this moment together even though we are no longer share our lives.

1 comment:

Naomi Chokr said...

Patty!! I read both of your posts. I know that this must be very difficult for you. Just know that we are here....love you!

Naomi

PS im not sure if my other comments went through...im trying again.