Saturday, April 25, 2009

OK It has Been Awhile


I have really been a bad blogger lately. As many of you know I am working right now and it is taking everything out of me. I come home and litterly fall into bed. I am outside the entire day and the heat really takes it out of me. Luckily I have Jim's cart and do not have to walk to all of these houses. Next week I am on Siesta Key and that will be a challenge. More on that later.

Today I want to celebrate my friend Jan. Jan is one of our snowbirds and is leaving tomorrow to go back to Illinois and then Rockford and then Wisconsin. She is a really good friend and in November when she arrived back in Sarasota she got me out of my bridge sabbatical. I had not played bridge since Jim died. She is a wonderful partner and we had a very successful season of bridge. In the six months we played I think we did not come in only twice which is a true feat. The last three times we played we were first in our section and placed in the overalls. Jan is a joy to play with and I will really miss her while she is gone. Have a good time up north Jan and I'll see you in November. I'll make sure to practice while you are gone.

1 comment:

mama j said...

Hey lady-what have you been doing for work? Tell me about it--email me, when you have time!! Good to BRIEFLY see you, Friday night. After June 8th, I'll be back around--Would love to plan a night to crop w/ a bunch of the gang.